[Samba] Re: Not able to login to Samba P

Ronald Ronald at wssource.com
Thu Feb 6 16:59:58 GMT 2003

To all, i have a simulur problem. whenever i log into samba. it tries to
copy the profile over but then it hangs and says it cant. i also cant delete
the local folder which it copies over to the win2k box. its very strange and
weird. it just started to happen when we upgraded to 2.2.7a. are old version
worked fine without any problems. no matter what i do there is a problem.
deleted his .ntprofile. you name it i basically did it.

          Ronnie

"Manjunath H N" <manjunath at iwavesystems.com> wrote in message
news:04f401c2cb9f$3a29c610$7402a8c0 at iwave.net...
> On Monday, February 03, 2003 7:56 PM
> Robert Adkins <raa at impelind.com> wrote:
>
> > I believe that your issue is related to UNIX permissions. The location
> > of your profiles directory must be set to allow all users R/W to it.
> > Create a new group in your group file and add every user to it. Then
> > change the ownership of the profiles directory. Also make sure that
> > all of your users have R/W permissions on that directory.
>
> Yea I changed the permissions but now on Win 2k m/c I am getting the
> following error
>
> Windows cannot log on you bcos it cannot find the file specified. (i.e The
> Profile )
>
> Detail - The system cannot find the file specified.

recipient (s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential
information and/or be subject to the legal privilege of iWave Systems
Technologies Private Limited. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from retaining,
using, copying, alerting or disclosing the content of this message. Thank
you for your co-operation.