[Samba] which ACL attributes are supported by Samba?

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Feb 6 14:59:48 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 09:21, Ronan Waide wrote:

> The whole point of my question was NOT these ACLs, but whether the
> extended ACLs provided by Windows were supported. Your response to
> this was that you didn't know.
>
> So essentially, you told me something I already knew, and said "I
> don't know" to my actual question. I appreciate that you're trying to
> help, but consider this: you don't have to reply to every question
> that's asked, and it's better to say nothing if you can't answer the
> question being asked in a useful fashion.
I'm not going to get into some kind of petty fight with you.
It was not clear to me that you understood the difference between ACLs
and unix style permission and it's still not... So I responded to the
part of your question which I had useful input to.

I just tried to set an acl on "take ownership" it doesn't stick - it
should.
Read and write attributes does stick.

I won't answer your questions in the future

brad
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>