[Samba] Solaris binary distribution question /usr/local

Jim.W.Berg at gsk.com Jim.W.Berg at gsk.com
Wed Feb 5 18:09:33 GMT 2003

HI!
I am trying to configure the samba 2.2.7 binary from sunfreeware ( package
for Solaris 7).  Is there any way to override the default install location
of /usr/local/samba for the lock files?  I do not have access to
/usr/local as it is NFS mounted and shared by all Solaris 7 boxes.  I can
pkgadd to a different root path, and I can -s the config file to the
install location, but I cannot find a way to get the lock files in
anything other than /usr/local, so I cannot start the smbd daemon.  If I
have to I'll build samba 2.2.7 on the box, but I thought I would ask here
first.  Thanks for your help

Jim Berg