[Samba] Swat not run

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Wed Feb 5 17:45:10 GMT 2003

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Rodrigo Nascimento wrote:

> Hi Community,
>
> It isn't just !!!
> Help me !
> I make inqueries here and nobody anwser me.

I can not agree with your claims Rodrigo. I have answered you at least six
(6) times within the last month.

Some of us might be of the opinion that you could do a little more home
work before asking for help. Most of what you are asking about is
available in the manual ages we have prepared.

> My problem is:
> When I try to access the SWAT, it return the following message:
> 400 Server Error
> chdir failed - the server is not configured correctly

Please read the SWAT man page:
	man swat

Check that the following files have the correct entries:

	/etc/services file

	If you have inetd on your system:
		/etc/inetd.conf

	If you have xinetd on your system:
		/etc/xinet.d/swat	(note path could be different)

Above all, make sure that the path to swat in the [x]inetd file is
correct.

Also, make sure that your TCP wrappers allow SWAT to work, and that you do
not have any firewall rules blocking swat.

> Why the browser shows this message?

Because your configuration is broken.

> I need to have some entry on smb.conf to run the SWAT?

No. It can create smb.conf - does not need to pre-exist.

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org