[Samba] Not able to login to Samba PDC

Manjunath H N manjunath at iwavesystems.com
Tue Feb 4 17:18:12 GMT 2003

Also with the same settings & Roaming profiles enabled I can log onto the
server from a NT & 98 m/c but only Win2K m/c I am getting the following
error

Windows cannot log you on because the profile cannot be loaded. Contact your
network administrator.

DETAIL - The system cannot find the file specified.

On Tuesday, February 04, 2003 10:42 PM
Manjunath H N <manjunath at iwavesystems.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 04, 2003 9:59 PM
> John H Terpstra <jht at samba.org> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Manjunath H N wrote:
>>
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> I am getting this error when I try to join my Win2K m/c to Samba,
>>>
>>> Windows cannot log you on because the profile cannot be loaded.
>>> Contact your network administrator.
>>
>> Send me your smb.conf off-line. I'll check it out.
>
> This is my smb.conf file
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>         workgroup = MYGROUP
>         netbios name = SERVER
>         server string = Samba Server
>         encrypt passwords = Yes
>         obey pam restrictions = Yes
>         pam password change = Yes
>         passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
>         passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
> *passwd:*all*authentication*tokens*updated*successfully*
>         password level = 23
>         username level = 23
>         unix password sync = Yes
>         log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>         max log size = 50
>         socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
>         load printers = No
>         domain admin group = root
>         add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s
> /bin/false -M %u
>         delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel %u
>         logon path = \\%L\profiles\%a\%U
>         logon home = \\%L\%U\.profiles
>         domain logons = Yes
>         os level = 64
>         preferred master = True
>         domain master = True
>         dns proxy = No
>         wins server = 192.168.2.253
>         winbind uid = 500-1000
>         winbind gid = 500-1000
>         admin users = root administrator
>         printing = lprng
>
> [homes]
>         comment = Home Directories
> #       valid users = %S
>         read only = No
>         create mask = 0664
>         directory mask = 0775
>         browseable = No
>
> [netlogon]
>         comment = Logon Scripts & Policies
>         path = /home/netlogon
>         create mask = 0644
>         directory mask = 0755
>         writeable = no
>         guest ok = no
>
> [profiles]
>         comment = Profiles Directory
>         path = /home/profiles
>         read only = No
>         create mask = 0700
>         directory mask = 0700
>         nt acl support = No
>
> [home]
>         comment = Home Directories
>         path = /home
>         valid users = administrator root
>         read only = No
>
>> Plus you need to have a NETLOGON share that is world readable.
>> It is a good idea to add a logon script to pre-set printer and
>> drive connections. There is also a facility for automatically
> [...]

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any attachment (s) is for authorised use by the intended recipient (s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to the legal privilege of iWave Systems Technologies Private Limited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the originator immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that you are strictly prohibited from retaining, using, copying, alerting or disclosing the content of this message. Thank you for your co-operation.