AW: [Samba] Samba and Winbindd problem

Thomas Schmidt ts at grove.de
Tue Feb 4 15:08:11 GMT 2003

Pay attention. This command is case sesitiv. You have to use a great/capital "A"(!)

Here the text of the winbind documentation:

-a username%password
Attempt to authenticate a user via winbindd. This checks both authenticaion methods and reports its results.

-A username%password
Store username and password used by winbindd during session setup to a domain controller. This enables winbindd to operate in a Windows 2000 domain with Restrict Anonymous turned on (a.k.a. Permissions compatiable with Windows 2000 servers only).

Try it again with a capital A :)