[Samba] Sambe Help Required

Guruprasad K.G. - CTD, Chennai. gurukg at ctd.hcltech.com
Tue Feb 4 09:17:12 GMT 2003

Hi,
I am using Samba mounted on a UNIX box. I have mapped a drive froma
NT/Windows 2000 box and try to do a search of text in documents contained in
that folder.
The client reports that the performance is slow.

I would like to know is it could be due to Samba where I am connecting to
and download?

Is there any speed difference between directly talking to UNIX box and thru
Samba Mount?

Thanks
guru

	Disclaimer:

	This document is intended for transmission to the named recipient
only.  If you are not that person, you should note that legal rights reside
in this document and you are not authorized to access, read, disclose, copy,
use or otherwise deal with it and any such actions are prohibited and may be
unlawful. The views expressed in this document are not necessarily those of
HCL Technologies Ltd. Notice is hereby given that no representation,
contract or other binding obligation shall be created by this e-mail, which
must be interpreted accordingly. Any representations, contractual rights or
obligations shall be separately communicated in writing and signed in the
original by a duly authorized officer of the relevant company.