AW: [Samba] Samba and Winbindd problem

Thomas Schmidt ts at grove.de
Tue Feb 4 08:44:02 GMT 2003

Hi,

i had have the same problem with winbindd

try this

"smbpasswd -j <Dmainname> -r <Windows PDC> -U Administrator%<Password>"
Now you should read
"Joined Domain <Domain>"

Now set the Username and PAssword for winbindd to access the PDC
I have used the admin account for this
"wbinfo -A Administrator%<Password>"

Now try again
wbinfo -u

After this you have to check the passwd file with "getent passswd"

Gruß / Kindly regards
Thomas Schmidt

Systemadministration / Netzwerke
  |N |O |C |
  |          GROVE
  Network Operation Center

http://www.grove.de Tel. +49 2773-8167-0
                    Fax  +49 2773-8167-20

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.