[Samba] please help me.....

Adil Hussain aadilhussain at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 4 07:59:45 GMT 2003

yes both the accounts of user exist for linux and for
samba.
plese see the log below, check is it ok everything??
------------log---------------
[root at LinuxBox /]# smbpasswd root
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
Password changed for user root.
Password changed for user root.
[root at LinuxBox /]# passwd root
Changing password for user root.
New password:
Retype new password:
passwd: all authentication tokens updated
successfully.
[root at LinuxBox /]# passwd root$
Changing password for user root$.
New password:
Retype new password:
passwd: all authentication tokens updated
successfully.
[root at LinuxBox /]#

the user exist, becasue i get this error just when i
give correct password and user name. and
when i give wrong password or user name or both then
it gives me the error
"Logon Failure : Unknown user name or bad password"

will be very Thankfull for any help
best regards
Adil