[Samba] please help me.....

Adil Hussain aadilhussain at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 4 05:38:05 GMT 2003

i want to configure samba as PDC .i installed the
samba on the linux box machine and configure it
accordingly.
I am trying to connect the windows 2000(server) as a
client of this domain.
when i press ok after writing the domain name at the
windows 2000 (as a client). It gives me a window ,
asking for the Name and Password and when i give it
the root/[password] to it, it says

The following error occured attempting to join the
domain "[domain name]"
The specified user does not exist.

please help me in this regard becuase i tried many
tutorials to solve this problem, but its still
annoying me.
thnaks
best regards
Adil