[Samba] release-date of 3.0

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon Feb 3 16:37:30 GMT 2003

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, peter grotz wrote:

> To the samba-people
>
> when can we expect a stable 3.0 release?

No firm promises! We are hoping to get 3.0.0 out by mid-April.

> I´ve heard of the massive changes using ldap between 2.2.7a and 3.0.
> Does it make sense to wait for 3.0 to change my systems to ldap?

3.0.0 has more mature LDAP support, but only you can weigh up the value of
maturity versus the time utility value. One possibility is to start using
the current Alpha versions and update as new Alpha's ship. Here you need
to weigh the risks. Note: We do need good feedback.

Cheers,
John T.
--
John H Terpstra