[Samba] Re: So SAMBA no longer supports print driver downloads

Hansjoerg Maurer Hansjoerg.Maurer at dlr.de
Mon Feb 3 16:13:14 GMT 2003

Robert M. Martel wrote:

>On  Sat Feb 1 11:00:04 GMT 2003, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Dr. Hansjoerg Maurer wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>could it be a problem with the operating system, samba runs on?
>>>
>>>On Solaris 2.8 I have the same problems, decribed above, but not on
>>>linux (both running samba 2.2.7a and cups-1.1.18).
>>>
>>Could be.  I don't have a Solaris box locally to run regular tests.
>>

>This morning I set up a linux box to test 2.2.7a on along with the HP printer
>drivers that have been giving me problems.
>
>I followed the documentation for loading and "tickling" the printer drivers.
>
>Initial tests were successful - the printer device settings downloaded for a
>non-printer admin user.
>
>Looks like an issue where Solaris and samba do not play nice together.  Jerry,
>if you or the development team have something you want to test against Sun
>Solaris 9 let me know.  I need to get this resolved, but I don't know where to
>start looking for clues.

Hi,

we have solaris 2.8 here (I initially described the problem at our
site), and I can help testing to.
Could there be any connections to the Solaris fcntl bug, described in
other E-Mails, or is this a completly differnt area.

Thank you

Hansjoerg

Hansjörg

>-Bob Martel

> Speaking only for myself - CSU pays better people than me to speak for them.
>
> Bob Martel - System Administrator              | I met someone who looks
> Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs  |    a lot like you
> Cleveland State University                     | She does the things you do
> (216) 687-2214                                 |    But she is an IBM
> bob at urban.csuohio.edu                          |              -Jeff Lynne

Dr.  Hansjoerg Maurer           | LAN- & System-Manager

Deutsches Zentrum               | DLR Oberpfaffenhofen
  f. Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.   |
Institut f. Robotik             |
Postfach 1116                   | Muenchner Strasse 20
82230 Wessling                  | 82234 Wessling
Germany                         |

Tel: 08153/28-2431              | E-mail: Hansjoerg.Maurer at dlr.de
Fax: 08153/28-1134              | WWW: http://www.robotic.dlr.de/