[Samba] Windows 2000 Terminal Server Environment

Jon Niehof jniehof at paladigm.com
Mon Feb 3 15:58:14 GMT 2003

> I am running Citrix Metaframe XP on Windows 2000 server and would like to
> have the ability to access files on my AIX Unix server.  Are there any
> issues with Samba in a Windows Terminal Server environment?

In addition to the suggestions already given:
1) Run the latest Samba 2.2.7a--there are some problems in
2.2.5 with opening certain files (especially databases) over
the samba share. This comes up rather dramatically in
multi-user environments

2) Run at least SP2 on the terminal server. There were a few
fixes (not all available as separate hotfixes) pertaining to
multiple users on one terminal server having the same file
open on the smb server--if one user closed the file, it was
closed for all.

Otherwise I've been very happy with this configuration
(although we're using Linux on the samba end).