[Samba] Using working devmode from windows clients on samba server?

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Mon Feb 3 13:23:26 GMT 2003

>> Stuff usually works when the client installs their own drivers
locally.
>> Is there any way to grab the devmode generated by the windows clients
>> and inject it some place in samba's files to get a working devmode so
>> driver downloads with spools can work with these drivers?
>
> Not without writing some win32 code.  Effectively what you could do is
> to create a local printer and then use GetPrinter() to grab the
devmode
> of the local printer.  Then run  GetPrinter() on the remote Samba
printer
> to get the current properties and issue a SetPrinter() with the new
> devmode.
>
> If you have problems with this I can code it up in a few minutes.
> Let me know.  I should have done this a long time ago probably.

Glad it's simple!  I'd really appreciate this, and I imagine others
would find it handy too.  I no longer have windows devel tools unless
you count VBA a la MS Office macros, so if you could find the time to
whip something together that would be great.  I really appreciate you
offering, thank you.

~ Daniel

This message is the property of Time Inc. or its affiliates. It may be
legally privileged and/or confidential and is intended only for the use
of the addressee(s). No addressee should forward, print, copy, or
otherwise reproduce this message in any manner that would allow it to be
viewed by any individual not originally listed as a recipient. If the
notified that any unauthorized disclosure, dissemination, distribution,
copying or the taking of any action in reliance on the information
herein is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this message.
Thank you.