[Samba] Re: FreeBSD 5.0 + ACLs

Adam Smith adam.smith at sageautomation.com
Mon Feb 3 02:24:32 GMT 2003

> The next step (and what you're probably missing) is
> compiling samba --with-acl-support (or something like
> that.. do ./configure --help | grep -i acl).  I
> tweaked a .spec file in a SRPM and you might have to
> edit your port's Makefile or something.

I installed Samba from the ports with a make install.  The configuration
screen allowed me to select ACLs, but to be safe, I recompiled it and
reinstalled it manually with a 'make --with-acl-support.'

The output from mount says:
/dev/ar0s1g on /data (ufs, local, acls)

> We also had to install acl/libacl/libacl-devel and
> attr/libattr/libattr-devel (e.g. binaries, libraries,
> and development headers+includes) packages in order to
> compile.

I did a quick search on freebsd.org and Google but found nothing
extremely helpful :/

Am I supposed to be able to modify 'extended' ACLs on the UFS2 file
system?

Something could be wrong with it.  Whenever I do an 'ls -la'  I get the
following results:

ls: ./.: Operation not supported
drwxrwx---  10 root     administration     512 Jan 29 11:08 .
ls: ./..: Operation not supported
drwxr-xr-x  12 root     wheel              512 Jan 29 16:28 ..
ls: ./Accounts: Operation not supported
drwxrwx---   3 root     administration     512 Jan 29 09:02 Accounts
ls: ./Accounts Payable: Operation not supported
drwxrwx---   4 root     administration     512 Jan 29 08:36 Accounts
Payable
ls: ./Finance: Operation not supported
drwxrwx---  26 root     administration    1536 Jan 29 08:37 Finance

Every directory brings that up.  It is the -l option causing the
problem.  A normal 'ls' on its own doesn't display these errors.

Any ideas here?

Adam

--
Adam Smith