[Samba] howto kill connection to an smbclient

André Weidemann Andre.Weidemann at web.de
Sun Feb 2 17:41:33 GMT 2003

I read through the man pages and could not find anything but swat to
kill a connection to a samba client.
I have the following situation.
I have a CD-changer with 6 discs that serves a video archive.
Upon magazine insertion I start mounting all 6 discs in row.
To be able to eject the magazine again I have to umount each disc.
Unfortunatly I get a device busy on the last disc that was accessed.
I tried "smbcontrol smbd close-share (sharename/busy drive)" but that
did not do it.
I can only restart samba (which is not my intention) or I can use swat,
click on status and kill the connection to the client. But this is not
doable for my kind of configutration since I have to umount the drives
through a script.
Any suggestions on how I can kill the connection to the client on the
command line are greatly appreciated.

  André.