[Samba] Samba wins problem

%%jrrs spieg at phair.csh.rit.edu
Sat Feb 1 23:25:56 GMT 2003

  hello gil.

[  nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:find_domain_master_name_query_fail(358)
     find_domain_master_name_query_fail:
     Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name WGNAME<1b> for the
   workgroup WGNAME.
     Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup. ]

  pardon me if i'm not perfectly correct here, but my impression is that
  it might be needed to add the following settings to the [global] of
  smb.conf:

netbios name = SERVERNAME
domain master = yes

  if i'm assuming correctly, it would look like you don't have a
  netbios name set...  the error saying "unable to find the DMB name
  WGNAME<1b> for the workgroup WGNAME" might be saying that it can't
  find the DMB for the workgroup because the samba server doesn't have
  a netbios name ( to go by ) set?

- 'domain master' will make it so that it can assemble browsing lists
   ( nethood ) for WORKGROUPs, in despite of being on different subnets.

  that seems to be at least a quasi-accurate interpretation of the
  manpage.. ?

  so those are a few things to look for -- unless you've already tried
  them..

  jared.