[Samba] Samba - winXP lookup

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Feb 1 17:28:02 GMT 2003

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003, Gabriele Carioli wrote:

Gebriele,

Your smb.conf looks fine. Suggest that you use ethereal to capture traffic
between the mis-behaving workstation and the server and check out what is
happening over the wire. This could be a situation where there is no
traffic and we are dealing with misbehaviour on the XP machine itself.
Have you checked the Event Viewer on the XP machine to see what it is
reporting?

- John T.

John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org