[Samba] Extra sheet after printing a job.

Erik Jakobsen eja at urbakken.dk
Sat Feb 1 15:13:17 GMT 2003

At the end of a printerjob in my HP-DJ895Cxi and HP-1100A in
my samba-server (SuSE Linux 8.1) an extra -blank- sheet is
comming out of the printers.

>From the server if printing direct there's no extra paper
sheet.

I know the problem has been on the list before, and can also
see how to solve it, but there's a problem. From default the
SuSE 8.1 is installed with cups, and I wanted to install it
with LPRng.

The printers are printing ok from the server, and via samba
my printers are also printing fine. But here's the problem.

I print from a Fujitsu/Siemens C6155 Lifebook computer, and
whether I print via samba to either of the 2 printers, they
always stop a job by sending out an extra sheet.

In the archives there stands:

Uncommenting
#PRINT_RAW_SUPPRESS_FORMFEED="yes"
in /etc/apsfilterrc.

But due to my install of LPRng, I cannot find the
apsfilterrc.

What can I get rid of the problem ?.

--
mvh Erik Jakobsen.