[Samba] So SAMBA no longer supports print driver downloads

Dr. Hansjoerg Maurer hansjoerg.maurer at itsd.de
Sat Feb 1 12:10:18 GMT 2003

Hi,

could it be a problem with the operating system, samba runs on?

On Solaris 2.8 I have the same problems, decribed above, but not on
linux (both running samba 2.2.7a and cups-1.1.18).

Another difference is, that our  solaris samba printer server is a
member server of a NT4.0 controlled domain.
The linux samba printer server acts as a PDC itself.

I don't know, but maybe this information helps..

Greetings

Hansjörg

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

--