[Samba] no Profiles created at logon

Franco Fallica CD-TIPP.CH franco at cd-tipp.ch
Tue Dec 30 11:47:36 GMT 2003

Hi

I'm using a linux 8.2 box with samba 2.2.5 as PDC with only one client
pc (win xp) with 2 accounts. Logon, logon script, homedrive and browse
shares are working, but when I logon windows show a message which tells
that to profile of the server has not the correct permissions.., but
there is no profile is just the emty directory. And then a second error
that no profile was found local machine (that one I think is correct
because there's really no profile local) then I get a temp profile. My
question is why the server don't create a profile for the new user in
the profile directory. And then I have a second question; how can I move
a local profile to a server profile, can I just copy the folders?

For testing if set all the folders used to 777

Smb.conf

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = FALLICA.NET
        netbios name = SERVER
        server string = Samba %v
        interfaces = 192.168.0.1/24
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        log level = 2
        log file = /profiles/%m.log
        add user script = /usr/dbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 100 -s
/bin/false -M %u
        logon script = logon.bat
        logon path = \\%L\profiles\%u
        logon drive = H: