[Samba] Slow browsing through Windows Explorer

Curtis Strite curtis at scdservices.com
Tue Dec 30 14:30:03 GMT 2003

Clint,

Here is my /etc/samba/smb.conf file:

[global]

workgroup = SCDSERVICES
netbios name = LINK
server string = Link
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50
security = user
encrypt passwords = yes
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
unix password sync = Yes
passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n *ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
local master = yes
os level = 65
domain master = yes
domain admin group = @adm @root
preferred master = yes
domain logons = yes
logon script = STARTUP.BAT
logon path =
logon home =
logon drive =
;add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g machines -c 'Machine
Account' -s /bin/false -M %u
;add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false %u
name resolve order = wins lmhosts bcast
wins support = yes
dns proxy = no

No wins server = entry  (which is a good thing)  ;-)
just a wins support = yes (which looks good)

Ok,  I turned off the "Folder Bar" and then proceded to \\unreal\backup
however it still hangs.

Thanks,
--
Curtis Strite