[Samba] Slow browsing through Windows Explorer

Sharp, Clint clint.sharp at attws.com
Mon Dec 29 20:42:51 GMT 2003

Curtis,

I have similar problems when not joined to a domain browsing Windows
shares as well.  This is a problem with Windows attempting to enumerate
a browse list for all the machines in your workgroup.  Ironically, I
don't see this problem when the folders tab isn't there (i.e. go through
my computer instead of windows explorer and type in \\server\share).

Clint