[Samba] Re: Transfering Machine Accounts / MACHINE.SID

Sharp, Clint clint.sharp at attws.com
Mon Dec 29 15:08:16 GMT 2003

Passdb backend = ldapsam:"ldap://master ldap://slave" works just fine
for me.  I have the passwd program set to /usr/bin/passwd and Samba
updates the Samba related entries in the Master LDAP (with passwd
updating the posixAccount related entries).  Took me a while to find the
ldapsam:"ldap://master ldap://slave" workaround too, but it's worked
flawlessly for me in production since.

Clint