[Samba] cupsaddsmb with winbind

Leon Stringer leon.stringer at ntlworld.com
Sun Dec 28 21:46:12 GMT 2003

Question Title: cupsaddsmb with winbind
Author: leonst
Points: 125
Date: 12/19/2003 03:08PM GMT

Hi,

I've just upgraded my Samba server from 2.2.7 to 3.0.1. I was mapping users to nobody/guest but as this doesn't seem to work I'm using winbind and users are authenticating to print fine.

The problem is that cupsaddsmb no longer works and I'm assuming the problem is getting my credentials past winbind when run from the console. I've tried the Samba cupsaddsmb troubleshooting guide [CUPS-printing.html#id2945506] and I fail at the second step (with root pw in place of question marks):

    rpcclient -Uroot%?????? -c 'enumprinters' localhost

Returns:
    failed session setup with NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE
    Cannot connect to server.  Error was NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE

Does anyone know how I can use accounts to add drivers with winbind (assuming winbind *is* the problem).

Thanks,

Leon
---
RedHat 9.0, CUPS 1.1.19, Samba 3.0.1