[Samba] Cannot connect to printer on samba server

Bartosz Wegrzyn blwegrzyn at lexon.ws
Fri Dec 26 03:32:58 GMT 2003

Hi,

I am running the fedora core 1.

I want to use samba for file sharing and printing.
I created this config file using SWAT  (at the end of the message) and everything works except printers.
I am unable to connect to any printer on the server.
I am trying to connect from windows xp.
I can see the printer but whenever I try to connect
I receive error that the name of the printer is incorect.
WHY?  For me it looks like the permittion problem, but I enabled the guest account for printers, so anybody should be able to connect.  Also, before the the fedora I used redhat and everything worked fine.  I even updated the samba to the latest version 3.0.1-1 but I cannot use the printers on the server.  I looked at samba log file and there are no errors there.

Please help

# Samba config file created using SWAT

# from 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)

# Date: 2003/12/25 14:01:59

# Global parameters

[global]

workgroup = MYGROUP

netbios name = I86SERVER

server string = Samba Server

log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log

max log size = 50

dns proxy = No

ldap ssl = no

printing = cups

[homes]

comment = Home Directories

read only = No

browseable = No

[printers]

comment = All Printers

path = /var/spool/samba

printer admin = root, blwegrzyn

guest ok = Yes

printable = Yes

browseable = No

[raid]

path = /mnt/raid

valid users = blwegrzyn

read only = No

[mydocuments]

path = /mnt/raid/mydocuments/

valid users = blwegrzyn

read only = No

[lexondoc]

path = /mnt/raid/mydocuments/lexondocuments/

valid users = blwegrzyn, lfwegrzyn