[Samba] info required

Kristyan Osborne kris at longhill.brighton-hove.sch.uk
Thu Dec 25 01:35:18 GMT 2003

Hiya,

Me thinks your teacher was telly porkies. Samba 3 can not act as an Active Directory. You can do some policies but this has to be done though an NT 4 syle policy file. ACL will work aslong as the underlying filesystem can support them.

If you want to find out how samba works, I suggest you buy a book or look at the Samba-HOWTO.

Cheers
---------
Kristyan Osborne - IT Technician
Longhill High School