[Samba] info required

Sahibzada Junaid Noor sjunaidn at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 24 22:02:19 GMT 2003

Hi,

 ok i was told by my teacher that the newer version of samba i.e. version 3 will be a perfect clone of  active directory and it will have all the features that active directory domains have.

so tell me if this is true. can a samba version 3 server act like a ACTIVE directory based windows domain controller?

and also if u can tell me that the domain policies defined by a windows active directory domain controller will remain undisturbed if it is replaced by a samba server.

like if i was restricted from accessing the networl folder of one of my teacher which contains the question paper for  tomorrow exam , will i still be unable to access it
or the permissions will go crazy and i would be able to access it.

plz inform me more about how the concept of a active directory domain and permissions have been incorporated or not incorporated into the new version of samba

waiting for ur replies

  Sahibzada Junaid Noor
  Ph   #  (+92) (051) 5950 940
  Cell #   (+92) (0333) 5223586
  Qazi plaza,Third Floor,Commerical Market,Chaklala Scheme 3,
  Rawalpindi
  Islamic Republic of Pakistan