[Samba] Solaris printing command question

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Dec 22 19:13:47 GMT 2003

Hello, anyone still working this week;
   I've got a couple of printers shared out from a Sun server, running Solaris 8 2/02 and Samba 3.0.1, and it's peachy.
   Can anyone tell me a way to get the _client's_ job title included in the print command? I tried dropping a '-t %J' at the end of a 'print command' directiovein smb.conf, but the jobs only list the uninformative "Remote" for the title. (Insert Nelson_laugh here.) Also, the '-t' argument to lp is uspposed ot print tat title on the banner page, and I won't be havng any banner pages, thankyouverymuch.
   I have a job control program that shows me the title of the job, but I can't get anything like the name of the active document or program -- and things like "smbprn.000000010.kLaGYI" are worse than useless. :7)
  Thanks for your time.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt