[Samba] smbldap Tools problem

Hansjörg Maurer hansjoerg.maurer at itsd.de
Mon Dec 22 18:15:37 GMT 2003

Hi

I had the same problems.
I modified the smbldap-scripts in order to
get the right chat (commenting out first print line and adding OK at the
end, see a: and b: at the end of the mail)
passwd program = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-passwd.pl_unix  "%u"
passwd chat = *ew*password* %n\n *ew*password* %n\n *OK*
I recognized, that changing password from an Windows Workstation doesn't
work.
(or, it works with an error on the client side)
Therefore I made a new smbldap-passwd.pl_unix, in which I set samba=2 in
the if statment (see c:),
 which changes only the unix part
and the error went away.

It not nice, but it seems to work...

If I should send you the modified scripts of-list, give me a note.

Greetings

Hansjörg

a:
#print "Changing password for $user\n";