[Samba] Unknow socket option report

Fermín Galán fermin.galan at agora-2000.com
Mon Dec 22 16:11:19 GMT 2003

Hello,

>From smb.conf man page:

"You may find that on some systems Samba will say "Unknown socket option"
when
you  supply  an option. This means you either incorrectly typed it or you
need
to add an include file to includes.h for your OS. If the latter  is  the
case
please send the patch to  samba at samba.org <URL:mailto:samba at samba.org>."

I'm exactly in that situation: I'm getting "Unknown socket options" messages
in the log.smbd (is there any way to know exactly which socket option is
failing?), but I don't know how to edit includes.h to fix it...

Some pointer to related documentation about this problem?

My samba version is 3.0.1rc1. My OS is a (very :) conventional Linux system
(SuSE 8.2, with the default kernel 2.4.20-4GB). My socket options parameter
is:

socket options = IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY SO_SNDBUF=4096 SO_RCVBUF=4096

Thanks!

------
Fermín