Getting Spam from mailing List: [Samba] Notice for you

James McDonald james at jamesmcdonald.id.au
Mon Dec 22 13:05:22 GMT 2003

Sven bentlage wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> since I subscribed to this mailing list (about two days ago) I`m
> receiving the attached message about 5-10 times a  day.
> Has anybody had the same problem? And how can the problem be solved??
>
> Best regads,
>
> Sven
>
> P.S.: In case anybody wonders, the email address used to subscribe to
> the mailing list has never been used before.
I noticed a very large upswing in spam after being subscribed here
several days also. In fact it seems that the anti virus servers are
sending back message denied signals also, which makes the traffic worse.

is there an admin on this list who is concerned with SPAM/Antivirus
filtering. If so can they please have a look at this.

Of course this being a samba list, there must be more of you using
outlook and m$ mail software which would explain it... So please patch
patch your clients also....

--
James McDonald
Singleton Australia

61+ (0)2 65712401
61+ 0428 320 219

"Never make any mistaeks."
(Anonymous, in a mail discussion about to a kernel bug report.)

Linux 2.6.0-james7 #1 Thu Dec 18 22:01:50 EST 2003 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
00:00:00 up 4 days, 40 min, 2 users, load average: 1.53, 0.74, 0.34