[Samba] MS PhotoDraw save problems

Lahners, Jeremy jlahners at schemmer.com
Fri Dec 19 15:06:16 GMT 2003

All -
	I'm having an unusual problem with MS PhotoDraw opening and
saving files to my Samba server.  When I open the file, all's fine.
When I try to save the file, I get an error message that says "Unable to
save the file.  <Filename> could not be found."  At this point I have to
navigate to the directory where the file was and save it.  However, when
watching WinExplorer while doing this process, the file actually
"disappears" when I hit the save button the first time and get this
error.  Upon navigating to the directory, there is no file to save over.
This appears to happen only with MS PhotoDraw files.  I have level 10
debug logs if anyone is interested, here are the rest of the pertinent
details.

Samba 3.0.0-2

Smb.conf
# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = SCHEMMER
        server string = Project File Server
        security = domain
        password server = quicksilver.schemmer.com,
fs2omaha.schemmer.com
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
#       debug level = 10