[Samba] ADS and Winbind ... Can't access with Samba host name ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Fri Dec 19 09:41:10 GMT 2003

Greetings ...

> please file a bug for me and we'll work on

    Still waiting for an account ... sorry, I don't have time to wait
around, I have to fix this problem chop chop ... ;-}

> getting this resolved.  This is the 3rd report
> of the same symptoms.   Thanks.

    Okay, first I throught that maybe this a problem with Samba3, but I
know that I have been able to use this, so I tried on both Samba 3.0.0
(FC1 rpms ) and Samba 3.0.1 ( compiled on FC1 by myself rpms ) ...

    At first I had no joy with either, so I throught that maybe I had
done something wrong ( blush! ) ... So, I went back to basics ... I
found that if I removed all the funky options in /etc/krb5.conf and used
Samba 3.0.0, all seems to work fine ( expect for know bugs in 3.0.0,
understandable ) ... I think upgraded to Samba 3.0.1, and I could not
access the Samba server again using is hostname ...

    So now I have two servers for test, both with FC1 and all the
updates, one with Samba 3.0.0 ( FC1 rpms ) and the other with Samba
3.0.1 ( self maybe rpms ).

    If anybody wants a copy of my smb.conf and krb5.conf, let me know.

Thanks
Mailed
Lee