[Fwd: [Samba] Still having groupmap problems]

Robert Rati Robert.Rati at motorola.com
Thu Dec 18 19:50:35 GMT 2003

I turned on debug level 10 (by adding -d 10 to the net command), and I
see this over and over again in the syslog:

Dec 18 13:35:36 wdselab-a-1-100 net:   ldapsam_search_one_group: Problem
during the LDAP search: LDAP error: invalid DN (Invalid DN
syntax)ldapsam_search_one_group: Query was: "ou=Groups","dc=<domain>",
(&(objectClass=sambaGroupMapping)(gidNumber=4294967295))

So why is that gidNumber being used?  I can't find a way to change this
search query in any way.  I manually added the
objectClass=sambaGroupMapping and it's corresponding entries to my LDAP
database before I did this.  Would that cause a problem?

Rob