[Samba] Samba 3 PDC with LDAP - Error when changing userpassword from windows

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Dec 18 17:26:00 GMT 2003

As far as I know there are only these required elements.

root user must be part of smbpasswd base
smbpasswd -w must be the authentication password with read/write access
to LDAP
I used the scripts from smbldap - that were part of the samba
distribution...sort of, I updated from Red Hat rpm smbldap-tools but
these are the scripts that are run - add user/add group etc.

Check your samba/logs for clues

Craig