[Samba] Re: joining a domain (ldap)

Curtis Grote cgrote at memhosp.com
Thu Dec 18 15:58:40 GMT 2003

Michael,
I think you need the 'add machine script' parameter in your smb.conf. You
may also want to consider the add user and group scripts. The examples I
used were the smbldap_tools scripts. I also was unable to get a machine
account added until I created an ldap user of 'root', because I think root
is used by samba to perform the machine add, which is actually a user add
with a '$' appended to the name.
Curtis Grote
Memorial Hospital