[Samba] Netlogon

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Dec 18 12:45:11 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 05:13, Cindy van Asch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have trouble with netlogon. My samba server is a pdc and i can logon
> with my workstation (xp pro) on the domain but i still receive the error
> that the roaming profile cannot be found.
>
> If i need to post my smb.conf you must tell it and i will post it.

----
so little info - it only invites a guess so I will make one.

permissions in the tree for the profiles share don't allow the user
logging in to create the files/directories needed.

You might want to check the logs for the individual workstation and for
the server itself - on my systems, they tend to be in
/var/log/samba/ and things to look at are smbd.log - nmbd.log and fqdn
or ip .log for the connecting stations

Craig