[Samba] W2K and Linux ADS?

Hansjoerg Maurer Hansjoerg.Maurer at dlr.de
Thu Dec 18 12:18:20 GMT 2003

Hi,

samba can NOT replace a MS AD server.
Samba with version 3.0 can be part of an AD controlled Domain in native
AD mode.
Samba can act as a nearly full featured NT4 Domain Controller instead,
which may be enough in many situations.

Greetings

Hansjörg

i.klaric at softsolution.ch wrote:

>Hello
>
>I want to make a Linux Samba Server with an Active Directory on it for replacing a W2K Active Directory Server! All Windows Client should have access
>same before the only difference should be the linux server and not any more a W2K server from microsoft!
>
>Can someone help me with links and tips how to make that and have someone make this implementation linux active directory samba server allready? I
>want to have a complete active directory on the linux server and it should replicate the old W2K active directory to the linux server!
>
>Thank you for your help!
>
>Mit freundlichen Grüssen
>Ivo Klaric
>SYSTEMATICS SOFT SOLUTION SA - Werkstr. 37 - CH - 3250 Lyss
>Telefon: +41 (0) 32 387 9 387 - Fax: +41 (0) 32 387 9 388
>mailto:i.klaric at softsolution.ch
>http://www.softsolution.ch
>
>Besuchen Sie unseren Online Shop mit den IBM TOPSELLER-Angeboten
>http://topseller.softsolution.ch

Dr.  Hansjoerg Maurer           | LAN- & System-Manager

Deutsches Zentrum               | DLR Oberpfaffenhofen
  f. Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.   |
Institut f. Robotik             |
Postfach 1116                   | Muenchner Strasse 20
82230 Wessling                  | 82234 Wessling
Germany                         |

Tel: 08153/28-2431              | E-mail: Hansjoerg.Maurer at dlr.de
Fax: 08153/28-1134              | WWW: http://www.robotic.dlr.de/

There are 10 types of people in this world,