[Samba] It would seem to be simple but it's got me scratching my head

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Dec 18 03:47:20 GMT 2003

Samba 3.0.0 - RH AS 3

# ./smbldap-groupshow.pl Computers
No such object at /usr/local/sbin//smbldap_tools.pm line 590, <DATA>
line 283.

# ./smbldap-usershow.pl cnassa
dn: uid=cnassa,ou=People,o=Mullen,c=US

Why can't I get the groups to work correctly, I do have a 'Computers'
group?  This same problem is causing a bunch of errors when I try to net
rpc vampire - it can't add the groups but it adds the users.

section from smbldap_conf.pm
# Where are stored Users
# Ex: $usersdn = "ou=Users,$suffix"; for ou=Users,dc=IDEALX,dc=ORG
#$usersou = q(Users);
$usersou = q(People);
$usersdn = "ou=$usersou,$suffix";

# Where are stored Computers
# Ex: $computersdn = "ou=Computers,$suffix"; for
ou=Computers,dc=IDEALX,dc=ORG
$computersou = q(Computers);
$computersdn = "ou=$computersou,$suffix";

# Where are stored Groups
# Ex $groupsdn = "ou=Groups,$suffix"; for ou=Groups,dc=IDEALX,dc=ORG
$groupsou = q(Groups);
$groupsdn = "ou=$groupsou,$suffix";

# Default scope Used
$scope = "sub";