[Samba] Netbios ?

COUNTERMAN, DANIEL (CONTRACTOR) DANIEL.COUNTERMAN at DFAS.MIL
Wed Dec 17 16:22:01 GMT 2003

All I am after is a simple mount of the drives from the UNIX server to the Windows (2000, XP) client.  I only want to map the drive using UNIX password/CIFS password verification, which I should be prompted for.  If anyone has a step-by-step document or instructions of how to accomplish this, that would be appreciated, I am unable for some reason to map to the clients.  I am running HP-UX 11.00.

Thanks,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: COUNTERMAN, DANIEL (CONTRACTOR)
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 11:18 AM
To: 'Rick Brown'; samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: RE: [Samba] Netbios ?

OK, that worked.  Now, I am even more confused.

Here is what I am receiving, the error message on the Windows 2000 client on the side of the firewall: "remote computer is not available"), the Windows XP client is on the other side of the firewall, (the error message is: "The specified network name is no longer available").  I am able to ping both the IP address and server name of the CIFS/Samba server.  I cannot perform the mapping, via Map Drive, then I connect as different user name and I enter a user id that I setup with smbpasswd (testcifs).  Then I receive both these messages, I have searched message lists and the web for documentation on these errors, and I am unable to find anything that works.

I appreciate your help very much.

-Dan