[Samba] Domain account

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Dec 17 04:54:17 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 22:10, Dede NURMANSYAH wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Thanks for your response :)
>
> Yes, I'm logged onto workstation as local administrator and when the system
> asked username and password, I put root username and root password.
> I've also added root account into samba  password database using smbpasswd
> -a root
>
> I don't have any idea about this problem, because I'm sure enough that all
> steps I made is correct and it has been my problem since 3 month ago.
> And now I'm really give up and little stress. Perhaps anybody could give me
> advise.
----
Never works right if you log in to server with one account and then you
try to join machine to network using different account - once you have
made connection to Samba as another user, you cannot then connect again
using root or Administrator.

Try logging out of Windows computer - logging back in and then joining
machine to domain
user: <root>
password: <root-password-in-smbpasswd>
domain: <domain name>