[Samba] Group Mapping problems

Robert Rati Robert.Rati at motorola.com
Tue Dec 16 22:17:32 GMT 2003

When I enable logging level 5 (or even 10)), I don't see any more useful
information.  I just see (over and over again):

ldapsam_search_one_group: Problem during the LDAP search: LDAP error:
invalid DN (Invalid DN syntax)

But every one in a while (apparantly not related to my net groupmap
attempts), I see this:

passdb/pdb_ldap.c:ldapsam_search_one_group(1612)
ldapsam_search_one_group: Problem during the LDAP search: LDAP error:
invalid DN (Invalid DN syntax)ldapsam_search_one_group: Query was:
"ou=Groups","dc=<domain>",
(&(objectClass=sambaGroupMapping)(gidNumber=65534))

I'm assuming a machine on my domain is making this query (but I don't
know why), but why is gidNumber=65534 being used for this query?  Can
anyone shed some light as to what is going on?

I'm executing this command:

net groupmap add sid=<SID>-512 ntgroup="Domain Admins"
unixgroup=dom_admin type=domain

Rob