[Samba] Problem Using Windows XP Pro w/Samba

Patrick Shoaf pshoaf at model-cleaners.com
Tue Dec 16 18:09:46 GMT 2003

Thank you all.  I figured there was some tweaking that had to be done.  The
info you provided and the link to http://www.ccs.uky.edu/docs/samba.htm
proved to be just what the doctor ordered.  Thanks again for all the help.

Patrick Shoaf

At 11:12 AM 12/16/2003, Rob MacGregor wrote:
>>From: Patrick Shoaf <pshoaf at model-cleaners.com>
>>
>>I tried today to setup WinXP Pro to logon to my Linux Domain Server
>>running RedHat Enterprise 2.1 with samba version 2.2.8a.  WinXP is
>>complaining it can not locate the domain server or is unable to
>>authenticate with the server.  Everything is working fine for Win9x,
>>Win2k, and WinNT systems.
>>When setting up the XP system it was able to connect and create a system
>>account (jeff-system).
>>
>>Can anyone point me to where/how to identify and solve the problem?
>
>AFAIK the details are in the documentation, however...
>
>In the Local Security Policy, under Security Options ensure you set the
>"Domain Member: Digitally sign... (always)" options to disabled.
>
>You can find details by trawling for "sign or seal xp" on google.
>

>  Please DO NOT send me ANY email directly unless it's a privacy issue.
>       Reply-to mangled to assist those who don't read the above.
>--
>Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?

>Stay in touch with absent friends - get MSN Messenger
>http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

Patrick J. Shoaf, IT Manager
pshoaf at model-cleaners.com

Model Cleaners, Uniforms, & Apparel