[Samba] Re: Samba freezing network

David.Grudek at anixter.com David.Grudek at anixter.com
Tue Dec 16 15:58:38 GMT 2003

My server is a pdc on debian linux and is running with a windows 2000
member server that is hosting software for a flower shop.  The windows
servers and all the workstations are freezing about twice an hour and stay
froze for about 2-5 minutes.  They do not lock up at the same time but
usually after the windows server locks they lock because they are trying
to gather data from this flower software.  If I remove the network cable
from the debian pdc it does not lock up any more.  The windows server and
workstations have been there for at least a year and the debian box was
just introduced then they started having the problems.  I replaced the
network card after letting the two servers ping back and forth and there
were errors, after I replaced the network card in the debian machine there
were no more errors but the windows box still locks up.