[Samba] Winbind pdc bdc problem

Kent L. Nasveschuk kent at wareham.k12.ma.us
Tue Dec 16 11:30:52 GMT 2003

Do I need to use winbind between pdc and bdc if I'm using LDAP backend?
I have a PDC setup with LDAP master on backend and a BDC with slave LDAP
in another building.I'm just having a problem with getting users to
authenticate and use the BDC for home directories and exactly how to
have W2k clients join the domain.. The BDC is in another building
(connected by a slow connection) so it needs to have a copy of LDAP for
authentication purposes.
I've tested LDAP replication and it works fine and receives updates from
the master. The PDC does everthing that it should. I can join W2k
clients, and users can get to their home directories. My problem is in
Samba and how to configure the BDC for users to use it.

System description
RedHat 8.0
LDAP 2.1.23
Samba 3.0