[Samba] Tall tale of woe....

Ross McInnes (Systems) sysrm at stvincent.ac.uk
Tue Dec 16 08:59:20 GMT 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> The kernel should log the oops in /var/log/messages.

Yeah, its not there. log stops at 11:29:07 the next entry is at 11:47 when
its booting.

> We can't be blamed for a kernel oops.  If a user space app
> can cause the kernel to die, then that's a kernel bug.
> I would start pursuing this with RedHat (if you have support),
> or logging it in bugzilla.redhat.com.

not trying to aportion blame here. Just trying to get the good old stable
server back :/ was wondering if anyone else has had anything like this
before?

i will contact redhat and see if they can offer any suggestions.

many thanks

Ross McInnes