[Samba] VLANs and Samba 2.2.8a

Brian York brian at brianyork.net
Tue Dec 16 02:29:43 GMT 2003

I am having trouble connecting to a Slackware 9.1 machine with samba 2.2.8a.
I get a message back that it could not resolve the mount point. I have also
tried to connect with a windows machine. There is no problem on the network
with windows to windows machines so it wouldn't be something messed up on
the network. The problem seems to be something with samba.

On irc.Freenode.net #samba someone told me to use remote announcement and
wins support = yes. When I tried it it still didn't work.

Does samba 3.0.1 fix this program and is it stable enough to use?

Brian