[Samba] LDAP backend: "sambaDomain" object not created.

Oscar Retana M. oscar at gridshield.net
Mon Dec 15 18:16:54 GMT 2003

I have problems when adding a new user to a fresh installed Samba+LDAP.

Somewhere I read that the "sambaDomain" object is created automatically
when samba first starts. Well, it seems the object is not created, and I
find no log regarding to the issue when samba starts.

This is the log I get when trying to add a new user.

In the mail archive, I found several people asking for this problem, but
I didn't find any solution.

Regards!

- Oscar Retana.

smbldap_search_suffix: Problem during the LDAP search:  (No such object)
smbldap_search_suffix: Query was: ou=panam.ed.cr,ou=domains,dc=panam,
(&(objectClass=sambaDomain)(sambaDomainName=PANAM))
Problem during LDAPsearch: No such object
Query was: ou=panam.ed.cr,ou=domains,dc=panam,
(&(objectClass=sambaDomain)(sambaDomainName=PANAM))
pdb_init_ldapsam: WARNING: Could not get domain info, nor add one to the
domain
pdb_init_ldapsam: Continuing on regardless, will be unable to allocate
new users/groups, and will risk BDCs having inconsistant SIDs