[Samba] Logon script and XP

Wayne Dozier(Samba) wdoziersamba at gborocollege.edu
Mon Dec 15 15:38:47 GMT 2003

Here is the problem.  I am running samba 3.0 and I cannot
seem to get my logon script to work with XP.  I want to to
be able to map a drive for a share which is called
coursefolders.  I am including a copy of my smb.conf file.
 I have created the necessary netlogon.bat file in a
folder called netlogon.  I may have my syntax wrong in the
actual netlogon.bat file but i am not sure.

smb.conf file:

[global]
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
	load printers = yes
	admin users = billybob
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY
	interfaces = eth0.2
	domain master = yes
	encrypt passwords = yes
	add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g
100 -s /bin/false -M %u
	share modes = no
	printer admin = billybob
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	dns proxy = no
	netbios name = DARWIN2
	server string = Darwin Print Server
	printing = bsd
	local master = yes
	remote announce = 10.1.255.255
	workgroup = GCNET2
	logon drive = h:
	logon script = netlogon.bat
	os level = 65
	printcap name = /etc/printcap
	security = user
	max log size = 200
	domain logons = yes

[homes]
	writable = yes
	comment = Home Directories
	guest ok = no
	browseable = no
	locking = no
	create mask = 0755
	directory mask = 0755
         oplocks = yes

  [netlogon]
    comment = Network Logon Service
    path = /etc/samba/netlogon
    guest ok = no
    read only = yes
    oplocks = no
    writable = no
    share modes = no

# NOTE: If you have a BSD-style print system there is no
need to
# specifically define each individual printer
[printers]
    comment = All Printers
    path = /var/spool/samba
    browseable = no
    printable = yes

[coursefolders]
	path = /home/coursefolders
	writable = yes
	comment = Course Folders
	locking = no

and for my netlogon.bat file:

net use f:\\darwin2\coursefolders /yes

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I have been
searchig online with everything I have tried leading only
to failure.

Thanks in advance.

Wayne